An important Clubhouse announcement!
Published 09:29 on 28 Jul 2020
It has been a long time coming, but eventually and safely, we are delighted to let you know that the clubhouse is beginning to open and provide the (new) normal service for members.
We will be welcoming members back into the Club restaurant from Thursday 6th August. We will be offering a table only service in the restaurant. Initially it will be for a trial period but as we progress through the month, we intend to expand the days and the timings if the restaurant is financially successful & most importantly, 'safe' for members and staff alike.
Initially the restaurant will be open on the following days/times:
Thursdays 1830-2030 (for moules frites & steak frites)
Fridays 1200-1400 1830-2030
Saturdays 1200-1400 1830-2030
Sundays 1200-1400 (for traditional roast)
From Saturday 1st August you will be able to reserve your table (max 6 per table from 2 different households/support bubble) for more information please refer to the Coronavirus Guidance and Support on the Gov UK website. We are encouraging you to book in advance, as this allows us to guarantee you a table and deliver a safe and enjoyable experience. We will, of course, be taking walk-ins whenever possible, but with space at a premium, it's best to book.
Booking is simple, call 01243 373065 and make your booking with one of Ollie's team.
Thus far we have been following the Covid-safe guidelines in the Wet Bar, ensuring that the re-opening of the catering service is planned with a phased and steady approach. We have taken lessons from other restaurants, pubs and clubs to provide the quality and assurances that you need. The safety measures we've taken will just go that extra way to make you feel safe and comfortable and you may wish to make a note of a few of them:
- Prior to the clubhouse re-opening to members, a specialist professional team will have visited the Club to deep-clean the carpets, upholstery and furniture
- You may have a short wait before being shown to your table as after each sitting, the table and its furniture will be cleaned and sanitised by a member of Ollie's team
- However tempting it may be to move tables and chairs around to be closer to friends, furniture must not be moved to join other tables and make larger groups. Action of this kind would be in contravention of the Club Risk Assessment Plan (Sect 3 of the Health & Safety Act)
- Ollie's staff will be wearing safety visors throughout the time they are serving you and your group
- You may notice that the staff are not wearing gloves - don't be alarmed, they will be hand sanitising each time they enter or leave the kitchen area. This policy is much more effective in halting the spread of coronavirus than relying on the use of gloves.
On arrival at the Club:
- Please enter the Club premises through the main side gate (not the front door) and enter the building via the Wet Bar entrance. One of Ollie's team will check you in, ask you some simple medical questions, explain any special procedures that are in place and show you to your table
- All food and drinks will be served at your table. If you require drinks, food or any other item, please ask your waiter/waitress
- The menu of the day will be shown on blackboards around the restaurant. The usual card menus are currently unavailable as it is difficult to sanitise them.
- The ground floor toilets (male and female) are the only loos to be used by diners. The first floor ladies loo is closed.
- Please use common sense and allow people the space to pass freely and observe appropriate social distancing when entering and leaving the toilet facilities.
- You will not be required to wear face masks within the environs of the clubhouse. Outside the Club this remains personal choice.
- As in the Wet Bar the use of cash is discouraged. Please use appropriate cards (credit/debit or ESC cards) for your transaction if possible.
I hope this provides a framework of how things will operate in the coming weeks. At first glance the rules may appear a little daunting, but you will be in a familiar venue with familiar staff and both the catering staff and the House Committee wish to make your dining experience all that you would wish it to be.
We all look forward to seeing you there!
Looking ahead - Notes for your Diary
- We are planning a Terrace BBQ Night on Saturday 29th August at 1730. Bookings can be made from the 22nd August through the members' area (we need to confirm the weather).
- Friday 18th September at 1000hrs is the MacMillan Coffee Morning
- Saturday 24th October is Trafalgar Night, limited numbers estimated at 45 diners. Subject of the Evening Talk; "Victualling in Nelsons Navy - Was it better than Ollie's?"
- We have various country walks planned details to follow
- Other House events are in the pre-Christmas pipeline, we are just awaiting government direction on what will and will not be allowed.
Once again thank you for your patience as we reopen the Club.