Home / Off the water
Off the water
- Catering and Bar
- The Club's catering facilities and the bars are managed for us on a franchisee basis by Clift's Catering. There is a full programme of events all year round, to see all the latest social events, click here. The Club offers a cashless bar system which enables members to use their membership card or wrist band to pay for items at the bar and get a discount on all beverages. There is also a credit and debit card system. For more information on using your membership card/wristband for payments, click here.
- Private functions
- The House Committee supports the use of the Club for private functions and dinners. Click here for Private function guidelines. Click here for Private functions booking form.
- Swimming pool
- All members who wish to use the pool (supervise or swim) should possess a current resuscitation or approved first aid certificate and must familiarise themselves with the Club's swimming pool rules and guidelines - Swimming pool rules. The pool is for the use of members and temporary members only.
- Emergency equipment
- Emergency phone situated in the outer office. First aid kits located in each of the changing rooms, the West Bar and the outer office. Defibrillator on clubhouse wall to the left of the main gate.
- Contract bridge is played each Tuesday evening from 1930. Players of all standards are welcome on their own or with a partner. For more details, click here.
- The Blake Fund for Young Sailors
- The Blake Fund provides grants to encourage young ESC members to improve their sailing skills. Money is available to help fund the cost of going on specialist courses and tuition, or for national and international racing events. Applications can be made by ESC members between 14 and 24 years old. There is a lottery with a monthly draw to raise money for the fund. Blake Fund lottery details.
- ESC branded clothing
- The Club has a wide range of ESC branded clothing for all age groups - merchandise.