Emsworth Sailing Club is recruiting an experienced minute-taker administrative/clerical assistant to be responsible for;
- Minute-taking for all committee meetings
- Providing ad hoc clerical/office support to cover holiday absence
The role will be based primarily at Emsworth Sailing Club and also from home. It is envisaged that the working hours will be on a flexible basis of approximately 5 hours per week up to 280 hours per year
Attendance will be required at 4 committee meetings per month, 4 finance committee meetings per year and 2 general meetings per year. The majority of the meetings will take place during weekday evenings, in person, at Emsworth Sailing Club, or virtually using online conferencing software during times of pandemic restrictions. The meetings last approximately 2.5 hours, usually from 7- 9.30pm.
Ad hoc clerical/office work to support the team during holiday absence will be between the hours of 0930 to 1300, excluding Wednesdays and Sundays, for an equivalent of approximately eight weeks per year.
An experienced minute-taker will:
- Support the Chair at each committee meeting to the agreed format, style, content and be informed by knowledge of the law, regulatory and market practice, or Club rules
- Work with the Chair and office staff to prepare and release the agenda for each meeting
- Attend all committee meetings and make a clear and accurate record of discussions, decisions and actions
- Type up the minutes within the agreed timeframe
- Send the completed minutes to the Chair of the meeting
- Make amendments to the minutes as required
- Release the minutes to all committee members
- Set up virtual meeting facilities as and when required, such as Zoom, Skype, Teams
- Ideally have experience of using Microsoft Teams.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to Liz Summers email@example.com by 17:00 hours Friday 29 January.