Guideline for private functions
The House Committee supports the use of the Club for private functions but is aware of the need to safeguard members from overuse of Club facilities by non-members. These guidelines are designed to ensure that private functions can take place successfully with minimum inconvenience to other members.
The following guidelines apply to private functions, for both organisations and private parties:
Private Functions Guidelines
The following guidelines are provided to ensure that private events take place with the minimum of inconvenience to other members, general Club activity and Clift's Catering Ltd (CCL).
1. Private functions will be considered at any time of year, but the off season, (November to March) is less complicated. In general, there is limited availability on Friday and Saturday evenings and in all cases a decision will consider the time of high tide, sailing, races and other events.
Each application will be considered by the House Committee (Byelaw 3.4a) and if declined, an explanation will be provided. Applications can only be made by a Club member.
We are unable to approve private functions during the Club Regatta weekend or on Bank Holidays.
2. During private functions, all normal Club activities (sailing, swimming, etc.) may continue in and around the premises except in the area where the function is taking place.
If the sun lounge has been booked, members are still free to use the wet bar.
3. Guest numbers can be agreed with CCL, taking in to account catering limitations and Health and Safety regulations.
4. Application for functions with 21 or more guests, should be made using the Private Function Booking form, between 2-8 months in advance, if possible. In the case of wakes, an application should be made as early as possible in the circumstances.
Private parties with 20 or fewer guests may be arranged directly with CCL who will inform the office. We would appreciate at least one week's notice for these wherever possible.
In all cases, the member should inform CCL if speeches are planned at the event so that PA equipment can be set up in good time.
5. Events held by, or directly in aid of, a charity will be discussed on an individual basis by the House Committee, and a charge agreed, or waived, as appropriate.
6. The member requesting the function will be responsible for:
- organising and controlling the event and must attend it.
- In the event of any accident, this should be reported here https://forms.office.com/e/UppZErHVFR
- liaising with the House committee and CCL
- providing a list of attendees on the form provided by the office
- paying any charges due in advance of the event
- making good any loss or damage sustained during the function
- the security and use of the Club premises and its equipment if this occurs outside of Club opening hours
- leaving the Club in a clean and tidy state. When booking please check with CCL regarding any extra time required for setting up and clearing away the event.
- ensuring that all Club Health and Safety guidance is adhered to.
- The member should also refer to the Club's Environmental Policy in relation to reducing waste and maintaining the Club's 'green' standards.
7. Music is allowed in accordance with the Club's licence but we ask that consideration is given to sound levels at all times.
8. The Club dance floor should be used whenever a band or disco is booked. See charges section below.
9. If the bar is required, arrangements should be made with CCL and it will be used in accordance with the Club's licence.
Functions will normally use the Club's wine list, but members may arrange for wines from other sources to be served in agreement with CCL.
10. The booking member will be notified of any events that will restrict the use of the Club facilities.
11. Any cars using the Club car park should be moved in a timely manner after the end of the event.
Private parties (numbers of 60 and over)
Private parties (numbers of 21-59)
£3 for each non-member attending the event
Wakes for a deceased member
Wakes for a deceased non-member
Dance floor (must be used whenever a band or disco is booked)
Training/North Room private hire
All payments should be made to Emsworth Sailing Club when the booking is confirmed. No refunds will be given.
Please contact the Office for further information (01243 372850).