26 January 2024 - page currently being updated
The Club provides sailing opportunities for members of all ages and skills, from competitive dinghy racing to yachting (both cruising and racing), from training and refreshers to improve your sailing and powerboat driving, plus organised social sailing in company - all with the emphasis on having fun on the water. Members can also enjoy a wide range of other water-based activities including rowing, radio sailing, stand-up paddleboarding, kayaking, windsurfing and swimming.
Sailing instructions for the season and some individual events will be posted on the website.
'ESC' or 'ESSC' next to a race name determines which club will be running the race from their start line.
Dinghy races may be entered by ESC and ESSC members.
Entries for each race may be made online at www.emsdinghies.com
Racers are required to sign on and off for race on www.emsdinghies.com or via the tablet in the Wet Bar.
Course cards and a chart of the racing marks are available here.
The dates and start times for all races can be found here.
All juniors are welcome to join Club races subject to individual race rules. There are different series of racing to suit all abilities from Improver Martlets and above, introducing juniors to racing in the harbour around fixed marks and laid inflatable marks. There will be experienced support for these events, but parents are also expected to volunteer for shore and safety boat cover.
Club hire fleet
The Club has a selection of one- and two-handed dinghies suitable for all ages and abilities, plus kayaks, windsurfers, stand-up paddleboards and a Celtic Longboat. For more information,
Social sailing provides an opportunity for members of all ages to get out on the water, whatever their sailing ability, with the knowledge that there is a patrol boat available if needed. This is organised in conjunction with Emsworth Slipper SC (ESSC). Club boats may be booked free of charge, via the office, for social sailing sessions. For further information click here.
We offer, where there is demand from members, a comprehensive training programme throughout the year. All courses follow the RYA syllabus and are run by Club-appointed RYA-qualified instructors. All courses, when available, are bookable through the online booking system here.
Where appropriate, the Club can offer private tuition to members. For more information please email email@example.com
- Adult sail training - various dates are offered during the season for adult members to either learn to sail or to improve their sailing skills. Please click here to book.
- Powerboat training - various RYA powerboat courses are available throughout the season. For further information please click here or to book, click here.
- Youth sail training - we start RYA Stage 1 & Stage 2, on the millpond, in Optimists, for juniors aged 7 (Year 2) or older. This is usually at Easter. Depending on demand from members, we offer additional RYA courses on the harbour throughout the year. Juniors, progressing through the RYA training scheme, will combine this formal training with practice time on the water, fun with their friends, race coaching and Club racing. Juniors can progress to becoming RYA dinghy instructors themselves.
- Windsurf training - various dates are offered during the season for adult and junior members to either learn to windsurf or to improve their windsurfing skills. When courses are available, please click here to book.
Our Celtic Longboat is on order and we expect to take delivery in late February/early March. We will be arranging taster sessions for all members who are interested. Watch this space!
SUP & kayaking
Emsworth Radio Sailing (ERS)
Billets and moorings
We have billets for around 375 dinghies, split between the Mountbatten Dinghy Park next to the beach, and the terrace.
We have three types of moorings:
- Club moorings - these are in the main channel and we have a maintenance agreement with Chichester Harbour Conservancy.
- Trot moorings - these are inshore, adjacent to and maintained by, the Club.
- Fowley Rythe - mooring tackle is not provided, members provide their own. The Club is renting a site only.
For more information click here.