Swimming pool instructions
- The Pool is an exceptional facility for Members, which is largely looked after by Club Volunteers. We ask that users comply with the byelaws below but also to be mindful and considerate of their actions and behaviour on other pool users, members and local residents. Safety is paramount and common sense cannot always be relied on. Consequently, a member of General Committee, a Club Secretary, the Franchisee or any other Club official can ask people to leave the pool and temporarily close it for behavioural, health or other reasons. Access is only available via members own key card. Members should be aware of "tailgating" which may enable non eligible people into thePool enclosure.
- POOL USE:
- a)The use of the swimming pool is restricted to Club members and temporary members under Rule
- b)The pool opening times will vary and be set by the General Committee and published on the Club website and in the pool area.
- c)Solo-swimming is not advisable and is done so at the swimmer's own risk. Solo-swimmers must be at least 16 years old, have parental approval if under 18 years old, and capable of swimming 100 metres unaided. Members wishing to solo-swim must go to the office and sign a personal declaration, with a parent if applicable.
- d)All users, including Juniors aged 16 years and above, must hold a current, valid First Aid award from one of the following: St Johns Ambulance Resuscitation Class or the Club Resuscitation Class, or be the holder of a relevant professional qualification or an equivalent qualification approved by the Club. Evidence of this must be provided to the office for our records and to activate key cards.
- e)All non-swimmers and persons under 16 years of age using the pool or entering the pool enclosure must be supervised by an adult (over 18) from within the pool enclosure. The adult must have obtained one of the qualifications listed in (d) above. No adult is allowed to look after more than 6 such persons in the pool.
- f)The maximum number of people permitted in the pool at any time is 36.
- g)On leaving the pool, members must ensure that the gate is closed. The last user of the pool at any time should ensure the cover is on to preserve heat and keep our running costs low.
- h)In the interests of safety and hygiene no glass, breakable items or food should be taken into the pool area.