Members' survey and House news
Published 21:54 on 2 Mar 2021
ESC programme 2021 coming out of lockdown
We will continue to develop the events programme virtually and hopefully at the Club as we come out of lockdown. Please keep an eye on our website, the Weekly Round Up as well as the Emsworth dinghy sailors and Emsworth Sailing Club Facebook pages. The printed version will be available soon. In the meantime our events page has all forthcoming events (on and off the water). It also shows the tide times. Highlight your own interests or download the programme to your own calendar for ease.
ESC members' survey 2021
Thank you to everyone who completed the survey. We had a good number of responses, and in summary, members would like more of the same! Thank you to everyone who responded. The range of different on and off the water activities is broad enough to ensure there is something for everyone, from race series to training, and from formal suppers to family terrace BBQs. It is of note that there was a request for a range of training on SUPs and kayaks, that members enjoy quizzes and want a variety of food and theme nights.
We had c130 responses, so approximately 7% of members. As we promoted participation over a number of weeks, those who wanted to contribute to the survey probably had enough time to do so. Our summary is that we are on the right track with what we offer.
- Those who responded were adults (with students and juniors) and seniors.
- On the water: the most popular activities that people who responded are interested in are dinghy social sailing with safety boat cover and SUP/kayaking.
- Requests for wider training of SUPs, kayaks, paddleboards etc. is of interest. This is being considered.
- As regards the range and variety of food, theme nights are popular. This was picked up early during the autumn lockdown with Ollie offering 'food around the world' takeaways and gourmet dining.
- Formal and informal events have equal interest. Particular favourites are all kinds of talks, a summer party, Regatta party, film nights, a quiz night.
- For Juniors: BBQ and disco / local bands. Families want activities at the Club around sailing activities, so we will develop this with Ollie.
- Volunteering: lots of people offered support for ad-hoc volunteering on and off the water. We will use the web and the Weekly Round Up and social media to call out for volunteers for specific activities.
- Keeping in touch: the website, the Weekly Round Up and email are most popular in very close equal measure. We should continue to consider email for single specific messaging. Social media is significantly less used.
Zoom talks socials and suppers: your views
Thank you to all the members who emailed in with suggestions for future talks, socials and suppers. We are already following those up. If there are any talks or topics you would be interested in please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.