CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19), 18th March 2020
Published 00:00 on 23 Mar 2020
Following the recent Government announcements, the Flag Officers and the General Committee have met to discuss how we will best manage our response to the fast evolving Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis. Our paramount concern is for the safety of our members and with that in mind we are taking the following measures from 1700 hours on Friday 20 March 2020:
- The Clubhouse will close until further notice.
- The House social programme will be suspended, and the bar and restaurant closed. We are in discussion with our Franchisees, Ollie and Eloise to work out how we as a Club can support them through this time.
- The sailing programme for the next two weeks will be cancelled, i.e. all events up to and including Tuesday 31 March.
- Members are welcome to free sail as normal and the changing rooms will be open. Members should take the precautions outlined by the Government on social distancing, hand washing etc.
- Rear Commodore (Sailing), Tim Keeping, will make a separate announcement shortly regarding other on-the-water activities, training and cruisers.
- We will continue to monitor this fast-moving situation on a daily basis and will keep all members informed accordingly of developments.
The office staff will primarily be working from home so please make contact with them via email rather than by phone, for the time being.
Please stay safe and keep in contact with your fellow members, neighbours and friends.