The Pool is opening on Friday 14th August!
Published 10:12 on 12 Aug 2020
Thank you very much for your patience in waiting for the pool to reopen. We are very pleased to let you know that the booking system (required for the Government Test and Trace programme) is now in place and the pool will open on Friday 14th August, and will be open daily from 07:30.
Bookings will open on Thursday 13th August and can be made through the 'Members' area on the ESC website. See below for further guidance on pool use
We are expecting a high demand for the pool, so a few points to remember;
- please do not come to the Club to swim in the pool unless you have booked your 30-minute slot
- please only using the lane you have booked
- please keep to your allotted time
- please remember that adult-only swimming is from 0730-0930 and no children under 7y should be in the pool after 1830, per the pool guidelines.
You must have a valid resuscitation certificate to use the pool. For those who require a resuscitation certificate, information about an online resuscitation course will be posted on the website in the next few days. This online course will be used until the clubhouse reopens and face-to-face courses can resume. All certificates that expire during 2020 have been given an extension to the end of this year.
- There will be a lane divider in the middle of the pool, making two lanes. Each lane has 2 bookable slots
- Each booking slot is for one swimmer
- If you wish to swim with your household, please book both slots for the lane - you can have up to 5 swimmers from your household
- Please limit your bookings to 4 swims per week and avoid booking more than once in any day. Once we know the demand, we hope to lift these restrictions
- The changing rooms remain CLOSED, so Swim England ask you to arrive in your swimming kit
- There is a clock opposite the pool gate - please do not enter the pool enclosure until the previous swimmers have left
- Please keep socially distant and sanitise your hands before entering the pool enclosure
- Once inside the pool enclosure, please leave your clothing & towels poolside, remaining socially distanced
- Please swim CLOCKWISE for 25 minutes, collect your kit, sanitise your hands and leave, allowing the next bookings to enter the pool enclosure
- The changing rooms are still closed so please change when you get home.
We're sorry about the strict rules but our aim is to allow everyone who wants to, to be able to swim whilst keeping safe and socially distant. We will monitor the pool usage and will lift the restrictions as soon as we are able, in line with Government/Swim England guidance.
See you at the pool!
Booking on members area will go live Thursday 13th August. 9.00am