ESC Club Forum
Published 00:00 on 19 May 2020
We have set up Google Forums for the Club as an informal way of helping members discuss things relating to the Club and if they wish to use it to let other members know about stuff they have been doing.
Please treat this space as though it is part of the ESC club house. Here are some guidelines.
* Family-friendly. We have members of all ages so please be thoughtful about the topics you discuss here and the language you use to do so.
* Respectful. This is a space for us all to enjoy. Please avoid aggressive language and personal attacks.
* Non-commercial. Feel free to list sailing-related gear in the for-sale section of the website.
* Let's keep it conversational!
* You have to add a tag to your posts, so that when it starts to get busy we can set up links to popular tags.
Many thanks to Pam Wilkinson who has offered to moderate the Club forum.
To join click on this link to take you to the ESC Forum. You can read the posts under all the forums to your heart's content. If you want to make a post you will need to have a google account, which is free and easy to create. The forum is not restricted to ESC members but we will discourage non-member participation.
FYI, an Internet forum, or message board, is an online discussion site where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages. They differ from chat rooms in that messages are often longer than one line of text, and are at least temporarily archived.
Forums have a specific set of jargon associated with them; for example, a single conversation is called a topic. Within a topic, each new discussion started is called a thread and can be replied to by as many people as so wish.
The Comms Team